Monday 28 April 2008

Brothers & Sisters S2E14

" Double Negative"

Again, why Kevin always thinks something by only his side? I know Kevin doesn't mean such selfish things but it looks like he doesn't respect Scotty's feeling, I guess. But this time, Scotty mentions it's his problem not Kevin's. I like his way of thinking.

Kevin: Look, I think I figured out a way to solve your problems.
Scotty: Um, you're gonna teach me to deveine shrimp with one hand?
Kevin: Your insurence problems.
Scotty: If it involves me not having to take a third job, I'm all for it.
Kevin: Why don't we file for domestic partnership?
Scotty: Excuse me?
Kevin: It's so simple. All we have to do is fill out some forms, get them notarized, and that is that. We're then recognised as a couple by the state of California. And that entitles you to insurance from my firm. That's medical, dental, vision, dependent life, accidental death and dismemberment....
Scotty: Death and dismemberment? Yippee!
Kevin: What's with the sarcasm?
Scotty: Nothing. I said I was gonna take care of it and I will, okay, Kevin? It's my problem. Not yours.

And they come back to Kevin's flat. Then they have a cute conversation again.

Kevin: I thought I was doing a good thing.
Scotty: You were doing a practical thing.
Kevin: Well, what's wrong with that?
Scotty: Kevin, for us, domestic partnership is it. You know, our only legal option, our version of marriage. For now at least. And at the risk of sounding like a twelve-year-old girl, I want my wedding to be special. “Practical” isn't enough of a reason.
.
.
Kevin: It is romantic. But at the risk of sounding like a thirty-something straight guy. I don't know if I'm ready for that or if I ever will be.
Scotty: I'm not asking you to be.

And also my favourite line, Scotty says "We're boyfriends, not clones"

No comments:

Post a Comment