Wednesday 25 June 2014

Greg talks about The Night Shift... Brendan Fehr

[Source]

Having to kiss Luke Macfarlane on “The Night Shift” seems to have been uncomfortable for Brendan Fehr

By Greg Hernandez on Jun 25, 2014 9:10 pm


I posted a story earlier today over at Gay Star News and it has ticked a lot of people off.

Actor Brendan Fehr, one of the stars of the NBC drama The Night Shift, talked about how uncomfortable it was for him to kiss the guy who plays his boyfriend on the show.

‘It was uncomfortable for me,’ he tells TooFab. ‘In Episode 106, my boyfriend (played by openly gay actor Luke Macfarlane) comes and I don’t like kissing guys, it doesn’t do anything for me.’

Of kissing another man the 36-year-old actor says: ‘It’s really uncomfortable, but you gotta get past that, his story is bigger than that. The emotion behind that is so much bigger that that. I was scared, petrified in a lot of ways, but I wanted to push myself and see if I could do it.’

How could anyone have trouble kissing Luke Macfarlane?

Matthew Rhys, who is also straight, did it plenty of times on Brothers & Sisters (pictured left).

I know Fehr’s comments will lead to a lot of “cast gay actors in gay roles” sentiment. But I still think you have to go with the best person -straight or gay – for a gay or straight role. Think of how terrific Mark Ruffalo was in The Normal Heart, Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal in Brokeback Mountain and Colin Firth in A Single Man.

That said, I don’t think any of them had any issues with kissing another man – at least any issues they felt the need to share publicly.

No comments:

Post a Comment