Monday 16 October 2006

Brothers & Sisters S1E04

"Family Portrait"

Basically I'm not a big fan of Kitty & Nora. The base of this episode is the family portrait. Nora wants to hang a photo on the wall and chooses her favourite picture but Kitty wasn't there. Anyway Kevin stands Scotty up because of Nora. Then at night, he meets Scotty who is with his boyfriend at the theatre, and it hurts Kevin.

Kitty: Oh, Kevin plays.
Kevin: What? No, no, Kevin doesn't.
Sarah: Yeah, Kevin does play. He played on the high school golf team.
Kitty: That's right.
Kevin: Yeah, only because I had a crush on Matthew Brown, I joined everything he joined, even Future Farmers of America.
(laugh)
Kevin: Yeah, he grew a prize-winning pumpkin.
Kitty: Oh, I bet he did.

Kevin says Kevin doesn't. I love this line. I guess everyone has such experience, if you like someone, you would join in everything that the person joins.

Kevin: Kitty, first of all, I have a tentative date set for that day.
Kitty: You do not.
Kevin: I do.
Sarah: You do? Who with?
Kevin: What?
Sarah: Who with?

I love Sarah's facial expression! And the scene goes to night and Kevin bumps into Scotty.

Scotty: Mr. Walker. Of course you'd come to see "Two for the Road", you're tough attorney of law.
Kevin: Look, I'm so sorry, I know I was supposed to call you. My mum kinda hijacked my day.
Scotty: Oh, that's okay, I find ways to busy. There's the gym, gainful employment, suitors.

Then Randy who seems to be on a date with Scotty comes back with their tickets. Kevin sees they are hand in hand, it's obvious, he can't hide his disappointment. After that, Kevin gets a little hissy and argues with Nora. I totally agree with Kevin. Nora is pretty much manipulative.

Kevin: Look, I'm sorry mom, but I had a date with Scotty last night. That's where I should've been!

Sigh.... Kevin really wanted to date Scotty, didn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment