Friday 22 May 2009

Kevin & Scotty, as a couple


Lately, I frequently watch Season 1 & 2 and feel a little sad because....

I was very happy when Luke had become a regular, because I thought I would be able to see him in most episodes and probably have good scenes with Kevin a lot. But in the fact, after becoming a regular, basically Scotty was involved with the Walkers in almost all episodes when he was there. Only a few episodes were set for them as a couple. When he was a guest star, in Season 1 & 2, they had their own stories.

Also when Kevin & Scotty got married, I was pretty happy about that, but thinking about Scotty's position in Brothers & Sisters, he became a Julia a little. Of course you cannot avoid the relation to spouse's family though, before they have gotten married, Kevin & Scotty's story was almost independent. Most of the time their stories were ended with between them, but lately they are not isolated any more. Honestly speaking, I actually like the involvement of Sarah's though, I assume it's too much involvement of other Walker family members' at the moment.

For some reason, I don't like Nora much. She is controlling, manipulative, self-centered, suffocating... Because Sally Field is such a good actress, whenever Nora becomes hectic, I feel very unpleasant. I guess I should apologise to Nora's fan.

I respect ABC for the reason that they have been broadcasting a gay couple as regular casts for the first main TV station and scripted their relationship, kissing and marriage. On the other hand, the story goes to a different direction where I haven't expected. I hope they will change their mind in the coming fourth season.

As a couple, Kevin & Scotty used to be an ideal couple to me, but unfortunately Scotty is described as a very saint by script writers. I like gentle Scotty though, I think he needs more humanity, I mean, Scotty is too much saint. Sometimes he gets angry but he changes his mind soon and apologises to Kevin or forgives him, even though Kevin is the one who should apologise to Scotty.

2 comments:

  1. I still miss these guys on TV. I watched Brothers and Sisters for the Kevin and Scotty story line but realized that, on the whole, the series was a very good show. Still miss Kevin and Scotty though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss them, too. They are fabulous as an ideal couple, Kevin & Scotty, and also wonderful as actors, Matthew & Luke. I really miss them.

      Delete