Friday 13 November 2009

SIDE DISH - Scotty's Food Blog

There is an unbelievably incredible, amazingly wonderful and absolutely fabulous news!!
Luke is gonna blog as Scotty. It's "SIDE DISH" and will start this coming Monday, 16th. You can check it out on the website, Bloggers & Sisters.
Beginning this Monday (November 16) Scotty Wandell fans have a new weekly treat to look forward to – SIDE DISH, Scotty’s very own food blog. But wait, Scotty’s a fictional character...so who is actually going to be writing this new blog? Well, who knows Scotty better than Luke Macfarlane himself

“All my life, I’ve loved writing. In high school I used to write short stories all the time. So when I first had the idea of writing a food blog as Scotty, I knew that I also wanted to do most of the writing. I asked John Kazlauskas to be involved as well, but it's just the two of us who will be writing everything you see posted.”

But that’s the last time you’ll hear that Luke and John are doing the writing:

“We wanted this to come completely from Scotty’s world -- to feel totally real and intimate. Like the show is alive outside of Sunday night. So you won’t see John’s or my name anywhere on the blog. This is from Scotty. Even down to the pictures we’re taking. We’re not going to use ABC publicity stills from the show. We’re doing what Scotty would do: take pictures with his phone.”

How did the idea for the blog come about?

“I love going out to eat and the idea came while I was out eating with some friends. It just seemed like a fun opportunity to explore more about who Scotty is. And, unlike Scotty, I’m not much of a cook so this is a chance for me to learn something, too.”

What can we expect to see on the blog?

“It’s basically everything food-related that’s going on for Scotty when he’s not on screen. It might be his musings on a particular food or food trend, his kitchen tips, a copy of his favorite recipes or just stories about his random culinary adventures. But it’s all real. John and I are actually doing everything we write about whether it’s pickling beets or doing a tasting of frozen TV dinners. It’s going to be a lot of fun”


SIDE DISH launches on Monday, November 16. A new SIDE DISH will be posted the Monday following every new episode of BROTHERS & SISTERS.

I can't wait to start reading his blog as Scotty! I think it's a great interaction between Luke and his fans. He hasn't been around much as himself, but at least we can see him on the website as Scotty from now on. And he still can keep his private life as his own. I would like to thank for this wonderful idea. And the same time, I'm a little jealous of the writer, John, because he can work with Luke!

No comments:

Post a Comment