Monday 18 April 2011

Side Dish - 18th Apr

Side Dish from ABC, Brothers & Sisters.
A shock to the system
There are good surprises.

There are bad surprises.

Then there are earth-shattering surprises.


And this week Kevin and I had a surprise that falls into that latter category. Marrying into the Walker family has always meant expecting the unexpected, but Kevin and I have been walking around with our mouths open all day. I can’t really write more about it now… but you can expect to hear more in the future, for sure.

 I had planned to feature a recipe for pineapple-peach smoothie this week on the blog. This was a drink that Saul came up with last summer and it sold like crazy. “So as the weather starts to warm up, make a big pitcher of these and enjoy them with your favorite fruity person.

I think Kevin and I are going to enjoy them tonight.

Oh as a side note on the photo. I asked Kevin to take a picture of me with a Pineapple-Peach Smoothie and he came across this old picture on his phone. Since I’ve been making this face all week, we thought it would be an appropriate choice for this week!

PINEAPPLE-PEACH SMOOTHIE
Makes 1 Large Drink

INGREDIENTS
3/4-cup pineapple juice or juice reserved from crushed pineapple
1 1/2-cups frozen sliced peaches
1/2-cup vanilla or plain soy milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (if using plain soy milk)

Blend the pineapple juice and peaches at low speed until the peaches are finely chopped. Increase the speed to high and, with the motor running, pour the soy milk (and vanilla if using) into the blender. Blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into a cold glass and drink right away.  
Apr 18, 2011 4:35 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment